Specialized Child Custody Issues
Sharing children with another person can become increasingly complex when you are no longer married to that person. School activities, religious upbringing, extracurricular activities, scheduling conflicts and many other factors can sometimes get in the way of a harmonious parenting experience. It is advisable to work out as many of these child custody issues as possible during divorce proceedings.
When complex custody and visitation legal issues complicate your in Cook County or Illinois divorce, you can save time, money, energy and emotion by consulting the attorneys at O'Connor Family Law, P.C., in Chicago.
- Is your interfaith marriage marred by constant disagreements, keeping you and your spouse from agreeing on how to raise your child?
- Is an availability problem for one parent causing problems with scheduling consistent parenting time with a child?
- Has domestic violence hurt your family?
- Are there addiction issues in your home?
- Have you or your partner come out as gay or lesbian? Has there been a gender change in your home? Are you concerned about how the judge will perceive you or your partner, and the effect on your rights as a parent?
- Do you have a child custody dispute with your same-sex partner?
Whatever your disagreement, the skilled lawyers at O'Connor Family Law, P.C., can help, dealing with your individual facts with integrity, compassion and dignity.
While it may be difficult for you and your spouse to look past your differences, we show you how the law affects your lives and how to control the outcome in the best way possible. Our law firm consistently protects the best interests of the children while upholding your parental rights. The successful resolution of difficult child custody issues and the cooperation of both parents can benefit the children greatly.
Experienced Attorneys Who Have Your Back
Our attorneys have more than 26 years of combined experience to help you create resolutions to specialized child custody issues that bring you peace of mind and minimize the potential negative impact of divorce on your child. We can talk you through many of the issues that you face and help you arrive at meaningful, workable and enduring resolutions.
As a mother or a father, you have an irreplaceable role in your children’s lives. In some divorces, it may be more difficult to work out the custody and visitation arrangements. Our lawyers are steadfast in pursuing favorable and realistic options to address your varied difficulties.
Our law firm can be your supportive sounding board, source for legal information and guide as you make your way through the legal process. We listen to your wishes, offer realistic assessments of what you can accomplish and make ourselves available to you before, during and after your divorce.
- Has a substantial change in circumstance made your custody issues even more specialized as time goes on?
- Do you feel you need to pursue a modification to obligations already established in your Illinois divorce settlement agreement?
- Are you fed up with a one-sided custody arrangement that warrants a contempt order from a family court?
We have answers to all of these questions, and recommendations that lead to informed decisions, at O'Connor Family Law, P.C.